The flashlight on an iPhone is a feature that uses the LED flash on the back of the phone to provide a bright light source. It can be used for a variety of purposes, such as finding your way in the dark, inspecting objects, or signaling for help.
To turn on the flashlight on an iPhone, you can either swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to open Control Center and tap the flashlight icon, or you can say “Hey Siri, turn on my flashlight.” To turn it off, simply tap the flashlight icon in Control Center again or say “Hey Siri, turn off my flashlight.”
The flashlight on an iPhone is a very useful feature, and it can be used in a variety of situations. Here are a few examples:
- If you’re walking home from work at night, you can use the flashlight to light your way.
- If you’re fixing something in the dark, you can use the flashlight to see what you’re doing.
- If you’re having a car trouble on the side of the road at night, you can use the flashlight to signal for help.
- If you’re camping in the woods, you can use the flashlight to find your way around your campsite.
- If you’re looking for something lost under your bed, you can use the flashlight to see under there.
5 Easy Ways To Turn Flashlight On Or Off On iPhone
1. How to Turn Off the Control Centre Flashlight on an iPhone
Apple radically modified the way consumers access the iPhone Control Centre with the release of Face ID. While accessing the Control Centre on iPhones with a Home button requires swiping up from the bottom of the screen, Face ID-equipped iPhones require swiping down from the top right. Having said that, here’s how to use your iPhone’s Control Centre to turn off the torch:
1. Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen if you have one of the newest iPhones with Face ID and no Home button. Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen if you’re using an iPhone with a Home button, such the iPhone 8 or iPhone SE.
2. To turn off the flashlight, find and tap the Flashlight tile on the Control Centre.
2. How to Turn the iPhone 9 Flashlight On or Off
A torch feature is available on iPhone models 9 and older that include a Home button. But getting to it is a little different. When using an iPhone 9 or older device, you can toggle the iPhone torch on or off by:
- To open Control Centre, swipe up from the home screen.
- Toggle the Flashlight on or off by tapping the symbol twice.
- When you long-press the Flashlight symbol, a screen will appear where you can swipe up to make the brightness higher or down to make it lower.
3. How to Use the Back Tap Feature to Turn on the iPhone Flashlight
Using the iPhone’s Back Tap feature to swiftly and conveniently turn on the torch is probably one of my favourite techniques. I can double-tap my iPhone to activate the torch, and triple-tap it to activate my camera.
- Accessibility > Touch under Settings is where you may adjust the Back Tap settings.
- After swiping down, select the Back Tap menu.
- The torch can now be added by selecting the Double Tap or Triple Tap option.
4. How to Use Siri to Turn Off the iPhone’s Flashlight
Ask Siri to turn off your iPhone’s torch if, for some reason, the screen isn’t working. Here’s how it functions:
1. Press and hold the side or power button of your iPhone to bring up Siri. Then, say, “turn off the torch.”
2. After that, Siri will switch off the torch, and a prompt stating “it’s off now” will appear on the screen.
5. How to make the iPhone 13 home screen have a torch
Adding a torch icon to your iPhone’s home screen is an additional option, though it’s not really something you have to do given your other choices. You’ll need the Shortcuts app for this. All new iOS devices ought to have it pre-installed, but in case it doesn’t, you may get Shortcuts from the App Store.
- Press the plus sign ( ) in the upper right corner to begin.
- Start putting torch into the search bar, and it will come up under Scripting. In case the language on your phone is different, input the right term to access a torch. The listing for it on my British English phone is “torch.”
- When you tap the word Turn, a menu will appear. Toggle can be chosen from that menu.
- Tapping the blue arrow next to the toggle torch is an optional step. The brightness slider appears as a result.
- Select the Settings icon, located at the upper-right corner in blue.
- On the Home Screen, select Add.
The flashlight on an iPhone is a very useful feature that can be used in a variety of situations. It is easy to turn on and off, and you can adjust the brightness to meet your needs. You can also add the flashlight icon to the lock screen for easy access. If the flashlight icon is missing from your Control Center, you can easily add it back. Follow the steps in my previous response to do this.
Here are some frequently asked questions about the iPhone flashlight:
Q: How do I turn on the flashlight on my iPhone?
A: There are two ways to turn on the flashlight on your iPhone:
Use Control Center
- On iPhones with Face ID:** Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to open Control Center.
- On iPhones with a Home button:** Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to open Control Center.
- Tap the flashlight icon to turn it on.
- To turn it off, tap the flashlight icon again.
- Say “Hey Siri, turn on my flashlight.”
- Siri will turn on your flashlight.
- To turn it off, say “Hey Siri, turn off my flashlight.”
Q: Can I adjust the brightness of the flashlight?
A: Yes, you can adjust the brightness of the flashlight by pressing and holding the flashlight button in Control Center.
Q: How do I turn on the flashlight on my iPhone without unlocking it?
A: To turn on the flashlight on your iPhone without unlocking it, you can add the flashlight icon to the Lock Screen Widgets area. To do this, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Lock Screen Widgets. Then, tap the Customize button and add the flashlight widget.
Q: What can I use the flashlight on my iPhone for?
A: The flashlight on your iPhone can be used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Finding your way in the dark
- Inspecting objects
- Signaling for help
- Taking photos in low light
- Reading in bed
Q: Can I leave the flashlight on my iPhone on all night?
A: It is not recommended to leave the flashlight on your iPhone on all night, as this will drain the battery. However, the flashlight is designed to be used for short periods of time, so leaving it on for a few hours should not damage the battery.